What’s in a shelf? If you display your books in any other way, would they look as good?
Simply put, the answer is no. Not all shelves are created equal and here’s why I love my shelves so much.
I’ve had so many bookshelves over the years but the Billy Series from Ikea is by far my favorite. Here’s why:
- Adjustable shelves – I can add, remove, and rearrange the shelves as I see fit within each unit. You can also add height to the top with an additional add on.
- Color choices – I love options. These shelves come in so many colors: black, white, grey, navy, beige, red, yellow. And they’re always coming out with more.
- Glass doors – I love the doors. They make the unit more expensive but they give it a beautiful look. Also, they keep dust off of your precious books which is always a bonus.
- Affordable – that’s another important factor for me. I didn’t have to spend a fortune to get a full wall of units and they can literally house hundreds of books.
- Durable – these are great staple pieces that are holding up great. I have mine full to capacity with books and there are no issues of shelf strength.
Having a place to store your books is so important. It makes you feel happy when you look at it and it can serve as great inspiration for further reading. I highly recommend the Billy Series pictured above.
Thanks for reading. Pictures to come of the shelves I just bought today (which was the inspiration for this post 😉).
Follow me for more daily reading inspiration and updates on YA books.