Title Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper #2)
Author Kerri Maniscalco
Description from Amazon
I am obsessed with this series. I am utterly captivated. Nothing can stop me from finishing it all as soon as possible.
“Sometimes stength is knowing when to tend to yourself for a bit.”
— Page 93
Second Favorite Quote (Because I Just Love a Good Pun)
“Roman numerals weren’t built in a day, Wadsworth.”
— Page 277
Once again, I find myself commending this series for enchanting me so much. I cannot stop reading it and I do not know what I am going to do while I wait for the last book to release in September. This series has so much potential. It is set in amazing places, at a fascinating time, and is full of famous people, scientists, and events.
Some Things I Liked
- I loved the connections to history sprinkled throughout the book. I felt like I learned new facts while reading a fiction book, which I always appreciate. It also made me want to do research on the subjects discussed.
- The Orient Express. The practically number one item on my Bucket List is to ride on the Orient Express and the scene with Audrey Rose and Thomas on their way to Romania was just magical (including the murder). It gave me all kinds of Agatha Christie and Harry Potter on the train vibes from Prisoner of Azkaban and I loved it!
- The ending. I loved the ending and I love that it segways into the next book so neatly.
- The chemistry between Thomas and Audrey Rose. Thomas is still making mistakes, but he’s learning and I love their interactions. They have the best banter.
One Thing I Aboslutely Hated
- I love this series so much. But this book has a flaw. Like a huge flaw (no pun intended). There was a scene involving spiders that horrified me beyond words. It left my skin crawling. I detested it with every fiber of my being and found it completely unnecessary. I have removed an entire star from my rating because I hated that scene so much. If it had been left out, this would have been a five-star book.
I thought this book (minus that one terrible scene) was magical (in the most non-magical and scientific way possible) and I adore the characters. I can’t wait to continue reading.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco – this is a no-brainer rec. If you liked this book even a little, you have to continue with the series.
- The Lady Rogue by Jenn Bennett – both books include tales of Dracula’s heir and both have amazing characters with super cute romance stories.
- A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn – if you liked the detective and scientist elements of this book, definitely give the Veronica Speedwell series a read.