**Disclaimer: I was given a free e-ARC in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley.**
Title Not That Kind of Guy
Author Andie J. Christopher
Description from Amazon
State attorney Bridget Nolan is successful in all aspects of her life—except romance. After breaking up with her longtime boyfriend, she’s been slow to reenter the dating scene. To be honest, she has more important things to do like putting bad guys behind bars. But with her brother’s wedding right around the corner, she suddenly needs a date and fast. Lucky for Bridget, the legal intern is almost done with his program.
Matt Kido is dumbstruck by Bridget—total love at first sight—but there’s one problem. She’s totally off-limits while she’s his boss. But the moment he no longer reports to her, Matt decides to take a chance. An impulsive decision takes them to Las Vegas where, as the saying goes, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
Unless you put a ring on it.
Release Date April 14, 2020
I was excited to have been approved for this title. I actually have several other books that I’m supposed to be reading right now (but I started this one instead). I haven’t read Not the Girl You Marry but I’ve heard great things.
Some Things I Liked
- The side characters – especially Hannah. I just loved them. They were a great community and were so real. They all had flaws but I loved seeing them rally around Bridget.
- Bridget as a relatable character. I totally got her. She had all kinds of issues but she made me root for her and I felt like I understood her. I like to see stories with characters that I can make a personal connection with.
- Witty banter. A staple of all good rom-coms. This book did not fall short in the banter department. I loved the dialogue and that made me love the characters even more.
I really liked the side characters in this book and I would love to revisit their lives in the from of a spin off. Similarly, I’d like to see more of Matt and Bridget’s story. The conclusion of Not That Kind of Guy was satisfying but I would be happy to see more of the story.
I really liked this book. It was a lot more than just a “waking up in Vegas” story and the side characters were phenomenal. This book was a roller coaster of emotions and I really enjoyed it.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- Not the Girl You Marry by Andie J. Christopher – if you liked the writing style of this book, definitely try Andie J. Christopher’s first rom-com.
- Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin – if you liked the surprise marriage as well as the banter but were looking for a fantasy setting, try this book by Shelby Mahurin.