Title Fire Falling
Author Elise Kova
Soldier… Sorcerer… Savior… Who is Vhalla Yarl?
Vhalla Yarl marches to war as property of the Solaris Empire. The Emperor counts on her to bring victory, the Senate counts on her death, and the only thing Vhalla can count on is the fight of her life. As she grapples with the ghosts of her past, new challenges in the present threaten to shatter the remnants of her fragile sanity. Will she maintain her humanity? Or will she truly become the Empire’s monster?
Release Date November 19, 2015
I literally started this book right after I finished Air Awakens. Like seriously, that same night, I read the first 100 pages. Needless to say, I was very eager to continue the series.
Some Things I Liked
- Larel. She was amazing and I loved her. She reminded me of Nehemia from Throne of Glass in so many ways and I loved her relationship with Vhalla. Let’s be fair, I love all of the friends Vhalla makes along the way. She’s very Aelin in the sense that she’s only a few sentences away from a new friend at any given moment. And, she inspires fierce loyalty in those she trusts.
- Shift to the warfront. I thought this was a very well done plot development. I loved the new setting as well as the many new characters that we got to meet along the way. Taking characters out of their native elements can be jarring at times, but Elise Kova does it so well here.
- The romance! Finally, some romance. Aldrik frustrates the hell out of me sometimes but, nevertheless, I love Aldrik and Vhalla together. I was so pleased to finally get a little romance.
I can’t stress enough how excited I am to continue the series. I adore these characters and was utterly shook by the events of this book. I must keep reading.
There was a scene that almost broke me. I actually sobbed while reading it. It takes a lot to get that kind of emotion out of me but it was so incredibly written and devastating. Elise Kova has earned herself a fan for life with this book.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- Earth’s End by Elise Kova – keep reading the series. Seriously, it keeps getting better!
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – do I really need to justify why I think everyone should read this series? But, seriously, if you enjoyed the high fantasy moments as well as the budding romance between Vhalla and Aldrik, try this series.