Title Earth’s End
Author Elise Kova
A woman awoken in air, a soldier forged by fire, a weapon risen from blood.
Vhalla Yarl has made it to the warfront in the North. Forged by blood and fire, she has steeled her heart for the final battle of the Solaris Empire’s conquest. The choices before Vhalla are no longer servitude or freedom, they are servitude or death. The stakes have never been higher as the Emperor maintains his iron grip on her fate, holding everything Vhalla still has left to lose in the balance.
Release Date February 11, 2016
Once again, I found myself finishing the previous book and diving right into the next. I was super eager to keep reading after the devastating events of Fire Falling.
Some Things I Liked
- The romance. The romance element really amped up in this book and I was so here for it. Aldrik is still a frustrating mess and Vhalla is sometimes a little insecure but I love them together. Elise Kova really knows how to tug on my heartstrings.
- Speaking of heartstrings, Baldair. HOW DARE YOU, ELISE? Baldair became the brother that Vhalla needed and his character growth was so incredible. I loved every moment with him.
- More royalty. I also loved that we got to meet more of Aldrik’s family in this installment. They’re almost all horrible people, but I liked that we got to meet them and I thought it spoke to Aldrik’s character quite a bit.
I can’t stop reading this series. It’s phenomenal.
If I thought Fire Falling broke me, Earth’s End broke me even more. What a roller coaster. This series is so addicting and I can’t wait to keep reading.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- Water’s Wrath by Elise Kova – keep reading the series. Seriously, it keeps getting better!
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – do I really need to justify why I think everyone should read this series? But, seriously, if you enjoyed the high fantasy moments as well as the budding romance between Vhalla and Aldrik, try this series.