Ok, so I haven’t done much reading over the last week. I’ve been in full NaNoWriMo mode and that’s been awesome. Also, I already finished my GoodReads 2019 challenge. Right now, I’m at 205 books read (please note, my original goal was 100 books, which I raised in April to 200). But, just because it’s writing season doesn’t mean I’m going to stop reading. Here’s what I’m currently working on:
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White (17%) <– I thought I was going to blow through this book. I love King Arthur retellings, but I’m not super into this. I started the ARC last week and my finished copy arrived yesterday. Maybe reading from the physical book will make me like this one more 🤷♀️
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia (58%) <– this is my current audiobook. It’s ok. I thought I was going to like it more but I was spoiled by The Seventh Sun. That book was phenomenal.
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (75/448 pages 16%) <– no progress this week
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody (59/411 pages 14%) <– no progress this week
Out of principle, I refuse to DNF the books above. I don’t want to think of myself as a quitter. I’ve got 8 weeks left this year to make this happen!
Books Finished Since My Last Update
- Fireborne by Rosaria Munda
- A River of Royal Blood by Amanda Joy