Box Shelf Love Crate May 2019
Theme A Whole New World
- Harry Potter inspired reusable water bottle. This item is cute but it’s not super high quality. It’s just a plastic bottle. I like it, but I probably won’t use it.
- Strange the Dreamer inspired pin. I love a pin. It’s a beautiful collector’s item and it’s easy to store/display. Although I have not read Strange the Dreamer I still like this pin a lot.
- Narnia inspired bookmark pouch. I like the idea of a bookmark keeper but I’m not super into the Narnia fandom. “A Whole New World” made me think of Aladdin and I would have preferred to see that fandom represented instead.
- Ready Player One inpsired bookmark. I have also not read this book (and don’t have much interest in changing that), but, I love what this bookmark says. I’m so not an outdoors-y person. I loved the message on this bookmark.
- A Darker Shade of Magic inspired monthly chess pieces of Kel and Lila. Again, these are cute and photograph well, but I have not read A Darker Shade of Magic so I have no idea who these characters are. Right now, these are not that useful to me (as I wouldn’t feature them in any photos since I don’t even own the book they’re from).
- Excerpt from Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare. I really like that Shelf Love Crate includes excerpts from new books. I haven’t read this one yet and I think this item will help to sway me to read it.
- Signed first edtion of We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal. Yes, I know what you’re thinking. This is the third copy I own of this book. But, unlike the others, this one has the original ARC cover and it’s beautiful. That was my main cover art critism in my review and behold, Shelf Love Crate read my mind and sent me the cover I wanted.
- Signed first edition of Romanov by Nadine Brandes. I also now own three copies of this book, but it’s so worth it. It was amazing and I loved it. I also loved the special edition **BLUE** dust jacket made just for this box.
I absolutely loved the books included in this box. While I had already read both, the exclusive covers are so beautiful and are now a feature in my home library. As much as I am a reader, I like to think that I am also a collector of books. This month’s choices made the box worth it.
As far as the items are concerned, I don’t really love any of them. They’re ok, but they’re not inspired by any fandoms that I really love so they’re kind of meh.