Title Under Wraps
Author Brynn North
Release Date November 9, 2019
Date Finished December 6, 2020
Availability Free with Kindle Unlimited
Luci is a serial dater, always on the lookout for Mr. Right. Heck, even Mr. Right Now would do, but even he seems to be missing in action. She’s definitely not feeling the Christmas spirit, so when her boss dumps the major task of organizing the entire company’s Christmas event on her lap to get the promotion she’s been desperate for, she’s more than annoyed.
Alex is struggling with the holiday season too, but for an entirely different reason. Not only was he recently dumped by his longtime girlfriend, but he had to let a suave doctor move into his spare room. If having a new roommate wasn’t annoying enough, Luci takes one look at this guy and swoons. Can’t Luci see that Sebastian is just another player who will just break her heart? She deserves better than that!
Luci struggles to pull off the double duty of capturing this new man’s attention and creating the ultimate Christmas event to wow both her company and Sebastian. Will Luci be able to pull off both? Should she try to pull off both, or was Alex right all along?
As you might remember from last year, I’m a big fan of holiday reads. I read this book back in December 2020 but didn’t review it in time for the holiday season. So, I decided to include it as a “Tales from the Backlog” title in December 2021. When I read this novella, I was excited about the friends to lovers trope because I usually lean more toward enemies to lovers.
Some Things I Liked
- Holiday storyline. I loved that this story takes place around the holidays. I love holiday traditions and the way the season brings people together.
- Friends to lovers romance. I thought this was a cute plot. It’s not my usual cup of tea (I prefer the romance to start with snarky banter and characters that hate each other 😂) but this was a fun change of pace.
- Helping senior citizens. I loved the unique idea that Luci had about helping seniors. I thought this was such a great idea and it’s not something I’ve ever seen mentioned in a story.
There’s not much more for Alex and Luci’s story. However, I think the theme of the store clerk who aided both Alex and Luci helping other couples could be a fun theme. I’d read another story about a couple she helped.
This was a fun, quick read. If you’re looking for some last minute books to squeeze into 2021, give this holiday romance a try.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- Missing Christmas by Kate Clayborn – if you liked the idea of a friends to lovers holiday novella, try this one by Kate Clayborn.
- Let It Snow by Cassie Cross – again, if you liked the friends to lovers trope, try this road trip holiday rom-com.