**Disclaimer: I was given a free e-book in exchange for an honest review from the authors.**
Title Of Beasts and Vengeance
Author Elle Madison and Robin D. Mahle
Release Date January 22, 2020
Date Finished February 4, 2021
Availability Free with Kindle Unlimited
Zaina thought she could run from her secrets, but they have finally caught up to her.
She’s willing to risk her life for those she loves, but even that might not be enough to stop what’s coming.
Einar has finally let down his guard, but when the woman he trusts takes off in the middle of the night with his people’s only hope for a cure, he realizes what a mistake that was.
They have been living under the shadow of the same monster for longer than either of them realize. But it’s up to them to decide whether that makes them enemies or allies.
You’ve heard it asked, who could ever learn to love a beast? But this time, the question is, could a beast ever learn to love?
Pretty much as soon as I finished writing my review of Of Thorns and Beauty, I started reading this book. I was desperate to find out what happens.
Some Things I Liked
- Banter. I mentioned this in the first book, but it only got better in this book. I just adore the characters and Einar and Zaina have the best back and forth. They have amazing chemistry.
- Focus on the romance. I loved that this book (as well as the first) were focused heavily on the relationship between the main characters. There was very much an over arching story but I loved the way we got to see so much of how their relationship evolved.
- Einar’s POV. Again, I can’t even express what a welcome addition this was. I loved reading his inner monologue and I could definitely see myself rereading this and enjoying it even more.
- That ending. I have a love/hate relationship with the ending. I loved it but I also desperately want more of the story. Luckily, it seems the story is moving toward a Cinderella retelling next and I really hope Zaina and Einar make appearances.
I’m two books deep and desperate for more. I think it goes without saying, I see lots of series value here. I adore the writing style. I’m actually reading Elle Madison and Robin D. Mahle’s Lochlann Legacy series right now because I can’t get enough of their writing.
I loved this book. There were some dark themes but that’s to be expected with a NA novel. However, I found they were appropriate for the storyline and gave depth and realness to the dynamic between Zaina and Einar. I’m so glad I found this series and I can’t wait to continue reading it!
Recommendations for Further Reading
- Of Beast and Beauty by Chanda Hahn – if you’re looking for another witty and well written Beauty and the Beast retelling, look no further than the Daughters of Eville series.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – if you’re looking for a Beauty and the Beast retelling with more magic and fantasy elements, try this SJM series.