**Disclaimer: I was given a free ARC of the below in exchange for an honest review from the author.**
I’d like to begin by thanking The Fantastic Flying Book Club and the publisher for choosing me to be a part of this tour. Please check out the other stops along the tour for other reviews, playlists, and other fun posts about this book and the author, Heather Frost.
Check out the full tour schedule here!
EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER GIFT
Pre-order ROYAL DECOY and you can receive an exclusive bonus short story!
Grayson is his father’s ultimate weapon–but he wasn’t always. THE PRINCE AND THE PRISONER is the story of how a young Grayson met the little girl who would change his life forever.
To claim your gift, simply pre-order ROYAL DECOY and fill out the form linked below. (You will need to upload an image of your pre-order receipt.) After ROYAL DECOY releases, you will receive via email THE PRINCE AND THE PRISONER!
NOTE: Since you can only pre-order the Kindle edition of ROYAL DECOY at this time, the author has also extend this to any physical copy purchases made on release day, June 18th!
Claim your pre-order gift here: https://forms.gle/u3PpeGAU5KPLFxKEA
Prize: Win a Personalized/Signed ARC of Royal Decoy (softcover), 2 mood rings (for you and a friend!) and Signed bookmarks (INT)
Starts: 12th June 2020
Ends: 26th June 2020
Direct Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/d9681b86507/
Title Royal Decoy (Fate of Eyrinthia #1)
Author Heather Frost
Release Date June 18, 2020
Description from Amazon
A SERVANT blackmailed into becoming a princess’s decoy.
A BODYGUARD determined to keep her alive.
A PRINCE forced to execute his father’s brutal laws.
A PRISONER used to keep him compliant.
A WORLD on the brink of war.
In one horrible night, Clare goes from kitchen maid to royal decoy. She has three months to become the princess’s perfect double so she can ensure her betrothal to an enemy prince. Desperate to survive, Clare throws herself into self-defense training, taught by her distractingly attractive bodyguard. The danger increases when a ruthless assassin begins stalking her, intent on ending the tenuous peace.
Across the northern mountains, Prince Grayson is his father’s ultimate weapon. He carries out the king’s harsh orders because the one person he cares about is his father’s prisoner. Grayson’s silent obedience is tested when his father plans to exploit the marriage alliance between two of their greatest enemies. If Grayson submits, the blood of thousands will spill. If he resists, the girl who means everything to him will die.
The fate of Eyrinthia hangs in the balance. Some want peace. Some want war. All will be thrown into chaos.
I was excited to apply for this tour and even more excited when I was chosen. I love working with indie authors and using my platform to help spread the word about their books.
Some Things I Liked
- Indie Author. As mentioned above, I love the fact that this book is independently published. It’s not a book that was on my radar before I saw the tour but it’s so up my alley. I’d have been super bummed to have missed out on this chance.
- Multiple POVs. Always a good feature, in my humble opinion. I loved how Heather Frost wove many different POVs into the story while maintaining fluidity in the plot. The POVs didn’t feel forced and had very organic transitions from scene to scene.
- Bennick as my new book boyfriend. DIBS. Grayson is good too, but Bennick is my fave. He reminds me of Alex from The Traitor’s Kiss series and I absolutely loved that.
- Plot twists and political intrigue. Normally, I’m all about the romance and character driven plots, but I really enjoyed that this story revolved around the delicate relationships between the various nations. I also loved that every character had secrets. It made the POVs as well as the plot as a whole much more suspenseful and intriguing.
- Nods to the familiar. I wouldn’t go so far as to call them easter eggs, but I found that there were touches of fairytales and other familiar stories sprinkled throughout this book. I enjoyed the homage paid to these familiar tales without making Royal Decoy feel like a retelling.
I would absolutely read the next book in this series. The set up for book 2 was fantastic and I am totally hooked on these characters – I have to know more.
Additionally, I can easily see myself enjoying a re-read of Royal Decoy in preparation for Royal Spy. Re-read value is super important to me because I love going back and revisiting stories that I enjoyed. I can already tell that there are subtle details that I know I’ll want to dig deeper into when I read this again.
I really loved this book. The characters, setting, and plot were so captivating. Heather Frost is an author that I will eagerly look out for more books from. Furthermore, I will most certainly be continuing with this series.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- The Traitor’s Kiss by Erin Beaty – if you like the idea of spies, royals, and complicated political climates, definitely try this trilogy by Erin Beaty.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – this is essentially the highest praise I can give a book, comparing it to my favorite series. If you liked the moving parts, POVs, and complex political landscape in Royal Decoy, try TOG.
- Royal Spy by Heather Frost – if you liked this book, don’t miss the second book in the series. I’m definitely going to be reading it as soon as it’s available!
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club – Welcome Post
Annej Reads – Deleted Scenes
Ya It’s Lit – Review + Favourite Quotes
Captivated Reading – Review
Kalisbookishrambles – Review + Playlist + Dream Cast
Book Butterfly in Dreamland – Review
My Bookish Escapades – Exclusive Excerpt
Book briefs – Review
Dazzled by Books – Review + Favourite Quotes
Willow Writes And Reads – Review + Playlist
Books and Zebras – Review
Kait Plus Books – The Story in GIFs
Moonlight Rendezvous – Review + Favourite Quotes
Yours A-fiction-ately – Review
Lala’s Book Reviews – Review + Favourite Quotes
lexisbookreview – Review + Favourite Quotes
L.M. Durand – Guest Post
Bookishly Nerdy – Review
BiblioJoJo – Review + Favourite Quotes
EBL INC – Review + Character Interview
Books Less Travelled – Review
The Shelf Life Chronicles – Character Interview
DEEKAY | Daily Dose of Reading – Review
dinipandareads – Review + Favourite Quotes
Foals, Fiction & Filigree – Review + Favourite Quotes
Happily, Hedy – Review
Books A-Brewin’ – Exclusive Excerpt
Books Over Everything – Review
Adventures in Abbyland – Review + Favourite Quotes
Wanders Between Pages – Review