Ok, so I haven’t done much reading over the last week. I’ve been in full NaNoWriMo mode and that’s been awesome. Also, I already finished my GoodReads 2019 challenge. Right now, I’m at 215 books read (please note, my original goal was 100 books, which I raised in April to 200). But, just because it’s writing season doesn’t mean I’m going to stop reading. Here’s what I’m currently working on:
- Ruthless Gods by Emily A. Duncan (20%) <– I’ve had this one in my NetGalley queue for a little while now but I just wasn’t ready to dive in. Over the weekend, I finally decided to be ready and I’m really enjoying it so far. It’s a slow read because there is a lot of information to digest.
- Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman (4%) <– I just started the audiobook of this yesterday, it’s just as addicting as Scythe
- All the King’s Traitors by Keylin Rivers (50%) <– this is my current NetGalley read and it’s just ok – I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it.
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (75/448 pages 16%) <– no progress this week
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody (59/411 pages 14%) <– no progress this week
Out of principle, I refuse to DNF the books above. I don’t want to think of myself as a quitter. I’ve got 5 weeks left this year to make this happen!
Books Finished Since My Last Update
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman