So I already did one of these posts this week but I thought it would be fun to do another one! Maybe it will inspire me to read some of these partially finished books (that I have made literally no progress on in almost four months).
- The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young (12%) <– I randomly noticed that I had been approved for this title on NetGalley — super sneaky, NetGalley, I didn’t even get an email saying I had been approved. But I have it and nothing will stop me from reading it.
- The Traitor’s Kiss by Erin Beaty (17%) <– As you know, I finished The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala during my morning commute yesterday, so I needed a book for the evening commute. I decided to download this one because the synopsis reminded me of the opening scene of Mulan (and I loved that)! Apparently, having unlimited data isn’t enough to download this book though and I couldn’t download it at my office. I had to wait until I got to Port Authority, and then I had to connect to a random NJ Transit Wifi network and stand in a corner like a weirdo waiting for this to download. Let me just say, it was well worth it. I’m loving it so far. I should be done with both The Traitor’s Kiss and The Traitor’s Ruin in time to read The Traitor’s Kingdom on July 9th when it comes out.
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa (30%) <– this one is a bit slower for me since I am reading on my phone. My eyes are super tired after staring at computer screens all day so it’s hard for me to stare at my phone at night to read. But, I love this series so much! Why didn’t I make any progress on this one! <– SO MUCH SHAME BELL HERE! I have made no progress this week because I was experiencing shiny new toy syndrome with my discovery of my e-ARC of The Girl the Sea Gave Back!
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (45/448 pages 10%) <– no progress
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody (59/411 pages 14%) <– no progress
- The Cursed Sea by Lauren DeStefano (51/400 pages 13%) <– no progress