I’ve mentioned once or twice before that I am a self-proclaimed, serial book starter. I start books and if they don’t interest me enough to finish them in one sitting, I usually abandon them. This leads to many problems, as you can imagine:
- Lost bookmarks – so many bookmarks left behind in the pages of books I don’t plan on finishing.
- Naked books – I usually take the dust jacket off of books I’m working on so I can tell that they’re “in progress” and so I don’t crinkle the jackets. This leads to a problem when I have 5 random jackets lying around and also, 5 naked books. My inner perfectionist/neat freak doesn’t like that.
- No reviews! I can’t review books that I don’t finish. However, this problem did give me a good idea for a post.
Here’s where you, my lovely readers, are going to hold me accountable for finishing books. I’m going to tell you everything I’m currently working on. I strongly encourage calling me out if you see that I’m not finishing books. This is week one of my new start. I will finish every book that I start!
- Kingsbane by Claire Legrand (58%) <– I met her over the weekend and she is literally the most amazing person! She was so nice and she let me ramble on like a total crazy person and she still said it was nice to meet me. She’s an actual angel, not like the ones in the Empirium Series 😉.
- The Shattered Moon by Alexander J. Wilkinson (19/379 pages 4%) <– I just haven’t made time for this one but I need to. It’s quite good so far.
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian (216/432 pages 50%) <– No progress this week
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (45/448 pages 10%) <– no progress
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody (59/411 pages 14%) <– no progress
- The Cursed Sea by Lauren DeStefano (51/400 pages 13%) <– no progress
Tell me why I should finish these (some of them have been one here for a while 😏).
I have highlighted the books that were on this post last week, that I still haven’t made any progress on [insert shame bell from Game of Thrones].
All the new books and ARCs from Book Con are calling my name! I want to read them but I need to be more disciplined. I should finish the books I have already started before I move on. Right??