Today’s the day! I am going to be heading off to my first book con in just a few short hours. Obviously, I am going to get there ridiculously early because I don’t want to miss one minute of this momentous event.
Ways to Follow My Progress
- Instagram @books_over_everything
- Twitter @mk_books
- This blog – which I will be updating when I get home. And yes, there are pre-planned posts to drop during the day. Just because I’m busy for the weekend doesn’t mean I won’t give my scheduled doses of bookish thoughts.
Things I’m Looking Forward To
- As previously said, I am looking forward to meeting new people (book lovers, authors, bloggers, basically anyone who shares my interests).
- ARCs – all of the advanced copies. There are so many amazing books coming out later this year and I want to get my hands on them early so I can hype them up adequately for you, my lovely readers.
- My first convention! I’ve never been to any kind of convention before so this is an exciting first. I am a little anxious that I might be overwhelmed but, you live and you learn, am I right? I’m going into this weekend with all the energy and a super positive attitude
The Game Plan
- I don’t have any autograph tickets so I won’t be participating in that portion of the event, but I do have a very detailed schedule (which will likely be abandoned in favor of spontaneity), that I plan to try to stick to.
- Hit up all the major publishers booths as well as the subscription boxes that I belong to.
- Make connections. This weekend will be a success if I walk out with one new connection. Even the small victories count.
I am so excited! I can’t wait to share this experience with my readers!