**Disclaimer: I was given a free e-book in exchange for an honest review from the author.**
Title Soul Bound
Author Aubrey Winters
Release Date February 1, 2021
Date Finished January 28, 2021
Availability Free with Kindle Unlimited
Two months. Two deaths. I’m changed forever.
It’s been two months since my life was turned upside down, and two months since I last saw Kol.
Two months since I realized I don’t even know who I am or where I might belong in this strange new world.
With new and old friends by my side, I have to figure out who I can trust before I run out of time—both to save Nana, and the countless lives that could be lost.
I was super excited to get my hands on an e-ARC of this book. I really enjoyed the first book and I couldn’t wait for more of Kol and Elle’s banter. The first book also ended on a bit of a cliffhanger so I was eager to find out what was going to happen.
Some Things I Liked
- More witches. I loved that the witches element was even more prominent in this book. The first book focused heavily on vampires and their abilities but I liked that the different beings were expanded upon here.
- Witty banter. I also really enjoyed the banter between Elle and pretty much all of the other characters. I missed Elle and Kol together in the first half of the story but found that Elle and Jake formed a friendship that was equally fun to read.
- Shorter length. Again, it’s no secret that I love a novella or shorter novel. I thought this series was the perfect length to tell Elle’s story and I was really glad to read a well done book that was under 150 pages.
I want more Kol and Elle! But, I will happily settle for spin offs about some of the other characters we met in this series. Jake and Rose seem like they’d make a fun main couple and I really like the idea of the Shadow World.
I think this series has lots of spin-off value and can only hope to see cameos from my favorites from this series.
I really enjoyed this book. I missed Kol in the first half but, I thought the ending was fulfilling and left me eager to continue with with series. I will definitely keep reading Aubrey’s books.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness – if you enjoyed the idea of a hidden supernatural world mixed with a modern setting, try this series.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare – if you’re looking for a YA series with lots of books with a similar vibe, try the Shadowhunters series.