Title P.S. It’s Always Been You Part 1
Author Lauren Blakely
Past loves should stay in the past.
After the way my first love took off for the ends of the earth, the last thing I want is to see him on billboards and bookstore bestseller shelves. Now my boss just handed me the project that could make my career. All I have to do is partner up with the man, the myth, the legend – adventurer Hunter Armstrong.
That’s easier said than done, because when we reconnect, I learn Hunter has his own agenda on this project. And it’s not to find a treasure in art and antiques. It’s me. But what we discover shocks both of us, and we have no choice but to follow the clues….
Release Date January 28, 2020
I’ve had my eye on this series for a while but it wasn’t free with Audible so I didn’t want to use three credits on all three books. Pro tip, it’s free with an Audible subscription now.
Some Things I Liked
- The narrators. I love the voices used in this audiobook. I don’t know why but they feel so perfect.
- Older main characters. I also really like that these characters have a long history and we get to see their current and younger selves.
- Love letters as a theme. I love this and I really hope we get to see more of Hunter’s letters to Presley in the next two parts.
- Shorter length. This is a super quick listen. I had no trouble at 2.5x speed which brings this in at a little over one hour. It’s a perfect errands or around the house kind of listen because you can finish it in one sitting.
One Thing I Wasn’t Crazy About
- I don’t love how this book is split up into three separate audiobooks. Ok, well that’s not entirely true. My GoodReads goal loves that this is three books but the rest of me is like wait why? I feel like this part didn’t cover very much so why bother to split it up?
I’m definitely going to continue this series. Honestly, not that much happened in part 1 so I’m eager to see some plot development.
These characters are engaging and I’m excited to keep listening.
I liked this audiobook. My only criticism is that I wish all three parts were one audiobook. It’s a little weird that they’re split up.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- One of Those Flings by Lauren Blakely – if you’re looking for another audible original rom-com, look no further.
- P.S. It’s Always Been You Part 2 by Lauren Blakely – I’ll be continuing this series. Look out for the rest of my reviews.