It’s Wednesday again, and you know what that means! Time for this week’s round-up.
I’ve read 174 books this year (and we’re only 182 days in) – still behind but trying to come back!
I’d just like to take a minute to briefly address some changes to some of my posts this week. You may or may not know this but this past weekend, the FFBC, a company that I had previously done several blog tours with, posted some incredibly inappropriate things on social media and essentially harassed individuals that they considered to be part of the “FFBC Team”. I found their behavior to be unacceptable and was planning to cut ties with the group when I saw on Instagram that they had made the decision for me. They sent an email to “the team” very vaguely letting the bloggers know that they are no longer obligated to their future tour dates. First of all, I was not on that email, I had to have it forwarded from another member of the team. I was scheduled for 8 more tours with them and they apparently don’t consider me a member of the team. Second, there was no mention of what should happen with current tours. I had two blog posts with active giveaways that I had to learn from various social media outlets as well as conversations with the authors themselves that these giveaways were void. I apologize to any of my followers who entered. Please check out the author links I provided in my posts as most of the authors impacted are hosting their own giveaways to replace the one cancelled with the FFBC.
I will not be scrubbing my blog or Instagram page of FFBC hosted posts. I have removed any “active” giveaways as they are no longer ongoing and I have not had any contact with the FFBC to tell me otherwise. I have removed my badge and want to be clear that I do not agree with any of what they have done. They were awful to fellow bloggers and then decided to go off the grid when they closed their company, once again, leaving the bloggers and authors to suffer.
I will, however, be honoring my post dates. All of the tours I signed up for are for books that I believe in and want to share with my followers. As I already have some of them written, I will still be calling them “Blog Tour” posts. Please bear in mind, these will be one stop tours. I am not affiliated with the FFBC and will not be linking any other content besides book and author links to those posts.
- Review – A Duke, the Lady, and a Baby by Vanessa Riley
- Blog Tour – The Crow Rider by Kalyn Josephson
- Review – The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson
- Blog Tour – Hunted By the Sky by Tanaz Bhathena
- Review – A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Currently Reading – June 24, 2020
Book Mail Received This Week
- No book mail this week
- Hunted By the Sky by Tanaz Bhathena
- The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson
- The Crow Rider by Kalyn Josephson
- Hunted by Bex Chan
On Deck for Next Week
- I still have one more book in the ACOTAR series that I am hoping to tackle this week.
- My next series to tackle is the entire Shadowhunters series – in order – that seems like a project for July.
- Aaaaand, instead of reading new books, I decided to re-read TOG, so look forward to my revised thoughts on the most epic series I’ve ever read.
Let me know in the comments if there’s anything you’d like to see featured. Happy to accommodate requests.