Title Endure (Defy #3)
Author Sara B. Larson
Description from Amazon
At last, Alexa and King Damian are engaged to be married. But their lives are far from safe. The kingdom of Antion is under siege, and Rylan is a prisoner of the enemy. Even worse, Alexa remains at the mercy of the evil Dansiian Rafe, who controls her mind and can force Alexa to kill or harm Damian at any moment. Despite this, Alexa is determined to rescue Rylan, which soon leads her far from Damian and deep into enemy territory.When she arrives, what awaits her is deadlier than anything she could have ever imagined: an army of black sorcerers and a horrifying plot to destroy the world as Alexa knows it. Will she be able to gather the strength to free herself, protect the love of her life, and save the land? Will there ever be true peace?
I literally put down Ignite and started Endure. I had to finish this series. I read the whole thing in 24 hours.
Eljin — still Eljin! I hated what happened to him but I was so happy to see that he was a featured character in this book.
Honorable mention to Tanoori. Her story was super sad but I’m glad she was also featured more in this story.
Somethings I Liked
- Once again, I feel the need to compliment the love triangle that wasn’t a love triangle. Alexa was not confused for one minute about what she wanted. She knew she loved Rylan like a brother and Damian as more. No wishy-washiness. I loved that about her character.
- The scene with the letter and the ring. I actually almost cried. It was too much in a good way. Everything from previous books came full circle. I love it when loose ends (that I had almost forgotten about) come back and get tied up nicely.
- Rylan’s storyline. As much as I wanted a happily ever after for him, I just didn’t think it was in the cards. I was glad to see that his story ended in a big way doing the most brotherly thing he could have for Alexa.
- The prologue and epilogue from Damian’s POV. I always love to see another character’s POV and I thought this was just the right amount for Damian. It was a really nice touch.
One Thing I Wasn’t Crazy About
- The death toll. I thought too many characters died in the end (but I always think that when my favorites die).
I love this series. I literally cannot believe it took me 5 years to read it. After finishing the last book, I am so certain that Sara B. Larson is one of my favorite writers. I loved every word of this series and I feel like I understood why it had to end the way that it did.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- Dark Breaks the Dawn and Bright Burns the Night by Sara B. Larson – again, if you like Sara B. Larson’s writing, check out this duology that she wrote after the Defy Trilogy.
- The Traitor’s Circle series by Erin Beaty – if you liked the political turmoil and the setting of the Defy series, give this series by Erin Beaty a try. The last book is coming out tomorrow so you can binge read the whole thing!
- Sisters of Shadow and Light by Sara B. Larson – not out yet, but I have high hopes that this book will be amazing! Sara B. Larson is an amazing writer and the synopsis sounds fantastic.