Title Once Upon A Broken Heart
Author Stephanie Garber
Release Date September 28, 2021
Date Finished September 18, 2021
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Caraval, the first book in a new series about love, curses, and the lengths that people will go to for happily ever after.
For as long as she can remember, Evangeline Fox has believed in true love and happy endings…until she learns that the love of her life will marry another.
Desperate to stop the wedding and to heal her wounded heart, Evangeline strikes a deal with the charismatic, but wicked, Prince of Hearts. In exchange for his help, he asks for three kisses, to be given at the time and place of his choosing.
But after Evangeline’s first promised kiss, she learns that bargaining with an immortal is a dangerous game and that the Prince of Hearts wants far more from her than she’d pledged. He has plans for Evangeline, plans that will either end in the greatest happily ever after, or the most exquisite tragedy.
I was so excited to be contacted by the publisher about being a part of this tour. I absolutely adored the Caraval series and couldn’t wait to read this book.
Some Things I Liked
- The Daily Rumor. I loved the newspaper articles pepper throughout the story. They are such a fun touch and gave a unique perspective from mysterious side characters.
- Romantic, whimsical, lush details. I love this world. I am eager to read about any place Stephanie Garber wants to describe. I feel like I am in the scene with the characters. Everything is so vivid and dynamic. I love every word.
- Jacks. Jacks is a treasure of a character. Exquisitely morally grey but with a heart of gold. I need a happy ending for him.
- Evangeline. She’s a perfect main character. She’s fierce, determined, a touch morally grey, and someone I’d want to be friends with.
- Subtle Cinderella vibes. I loved this element. I also loved the differences. Evangeline doesn’t need anyone to save her and Jacks is no fairy godmother.
I would make any deal with the Fates necessary to obtain an ARC of the next book in this series. I am hopelessly and utterly hooked on Stephanie’s writing and world building. I need more of this story.
This book is perfection. I loved every page.