Title Jingle Wars
Author R. Holmes and Veronica Eden
Two inns, one town, and there’s not enough room for the both of them.
Add in a reindeer-ish donkey, a Christmas competition, and a rivalry to end all rivalries and you’re bound to end up in disaster, right?
Finn Mayberry has enough on his plate trying to keep his Grandparents inn afloat. The last thing he needed was some California state of mind starlet bulldozing into his town and throwing up a five-star resort right next to his family’s inn.
But, now she’s here and he can’t get her out of his town or his head.
Freya Anderson took one look at the snowcapped mountains of Hollyridge and fell in love. She’s finally here and ready to take on the task of proving to her father that she can handle running Alpine.
She never expected to make enemies with the sinfully delicious lumberjack of a man who runs the inn next door. He’s moody, impossible and completely off limits.
There can only be one winner, but you know what they say. All is fair in love and… Jingle Wars?
Release Date November 10, 2020
Honestly, I can’t remember where I first saw this book. It might have been bookstagram, it might have been from Amazon itself but it was a Kindle Unlimited title and it sounded right up my alley. I was excited to give it a read this holiday season.
Some Things I Liked
- Enemies to lovers. My favorite trope. It was done really well here and I loved the Jingle Wars element that only added to the competition and enemies to lovers banter.
- Holiday movies and Holiday themes. I loved the Christmas and Holiday vibes that this book has. It’s a perfect December read.
- Dual first person POVs. The inner monologues were hilarious. These characters are absolute treasures and I’d love to keep reading about them.
I’d love a sequel about West and Riley. Their story seems complicated and like it would have an element of enemies to lovers as well. I’d love to see something set at the same time as this story with cameos from my new favorite Christmas lovebirds.
I really enjoyed this one. After finishing a dystopian novel with some heavy topics, this was exactly what I was looking for. This is a fun, quick, holiday rom-com.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- The Christmas Pact by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward – if you’re looking for a quick, holiday themed Audible Original, look no further than this enemies to lovers treasure.
- The Christmas Countdown by Donna Ashcroft – if you liked the idea of a heroine who moves to a new town and falls for the local grump, try this holiday standalone.