**Disclaimer: I was given a free e-ARC in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley.**
Author Lindsey Duga
Description from Amazon
Colt Clemmons is an agent in a specialized division within the Bureau of Investigation—one that hunts down not just mobsters, but also monsters.
For reasons that are kept top secret, Colt is the only person who can resist a siren’s voice. But he’s never had a chance to test this ability. The last siren left in the world mysteriously disappeared years ago.
Then one night, with a single word, she reveals herself. It seems too good to be true.
And it is. Because nothing about this siren—her past, her powers, or her purpose—is what it seems…
Release Date August 3, 2020
I was super excited to be chosen to read an ARC of this book. I love historical fantasy and the 1920s is such an interesting age. Thank you to Entangled Teen for providing a copy.
Some Things I Liked
- Historical setting. I loved that the story started out in Boston in 1929. I also loved that as the story progressed we got to see the main characters travel to other major cities across the US. My favorite city is Boston but New York was a great place to end the story.
- Dual POVs. I loved that the story was told from both Eris and Colt’s POVs. They weren’t together for the entire story so I found the POVs gave the story a ton of depth and more side characters.
- Magic system. I also loved the magic system in this story. The concept of the “chimera agent” as well as the monster trade was super unique and I’d be interested to read sequels or spin offs set in this world.
Eris and Colt’s story feels complete but we met quite a few side characters that I’d like to see more about. Furthermore, I think the world was really interesting and I’d keep reading both sequels and spin offs.
Similarly, I’d keep reading Lindsey Duga’s books. This is the third book of hers that I’ve read and they just keep getting better.
I really enjoyed this book. It perfectly encompassed the historical fantasy genre and I hope to see more in that genre, as it’s becoming a fast favorite.
Recommendations for Further Reading
- Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga – if you liked the writing style here and enjoyed the fantasy elements, try this other book by Lindsey Duga.
- The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith – if you enjoyed the historical fantasy elements as well as the different types of magical creatures, try this historical fantasy series.
2 thoughts on “Review – Roaring by Lindsey Duga”
Interesting premise, beautiful cover!
LikeLiked by 1 person